Sony HDR-FX1 Tutorial
The Sony HDR-FX1 is a camcorder that shoots 1080i video to HDV or DV tapes.
|Sony HD Cam||[[Image:]]|
|Sony HDR-FX1||Sony AC Power Adapter w/ Cord||Sony Remote RMT-840||Bag for HDR-FX1|
This tutorial covers the basic operation of the Sony HDR-FX1 Video Camera.
1. Attach the supplied battery pack by pressing it against the camera and then sliding it down.
2. You can also supply power the the camera by attached the supplied power cord.
Inserting a Cassette
1. Slide the OPEN/EJECT lever in the direction of the arrow to open the lid.
2. Insert a cassette with its window-side facing out, then push the center of the back of the cassette.
3. Press the PUSH on the CASSETTE COMPARTMENT and then close the CASSETTE LID.
Recording a Picture
1. Open the hood shutter.
2. Open the LCD panel and adjust the angle.
3. While pressing the green button, set the POWER switch to CAMERA.
4. Press REC START/STOP. Recording will then start. To stop recording press the START/STOP button again.
1. While pressing the green button set the POWER switch to VCR.
2. Press rewind to "scrub" back to a specific time.
3. Press play to start playback.
4. When done press the stop button at the end of playback.
Down Converting a Capture From the Camera
NOTE: Make all these changes with the firewire cable unplugged from the camera.
1. Flip the power switch to VCR.
2. Open the LCD panel and then push the MENU button in the back of the camera.
3. Using the "SEL/PUSH" button navigate the dwn to the "IN/OUT REC" sub menu.
4. Push the "SEL/PUSH" button to enter the sub menu.
5. Navigate down to "i.LINK CONV" and turn it on.
6. Now when you capture from the FX-1 it will down convert from HD to SD when you capture FROM THE CAMERA.
If you are interested in learning more on the advanced features please refer to the owners manual.