Game Programming Class2
The XNA Game class has two private properties
- GraphicsDeviceManager graphics;
- ContentManager content;
//the game constuctor can be used to set some graphics settings. graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 768; graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 1024; //graphics.PreferredBackBufferHeight = 1080; //graphics.PreferredBackBufferWidth = 1920; //graphics.IsFullScreen = true;
- Declare SpriteBatch spriteBatch;
- Update(GameTime gameTime)
FrameRate and GameTime
Time and Timespan
Example of update using GameTime to calculate elapsed time
Understanding GameTime We'll revisit game time when we talk about performance profiling.
- Draw(GameTime gameTime)
Console And Trace
We will build a console class later and debug in game.
Texture2D and SpriteBatches
- Options SpriteBlendMode
- Additive Enable additive blending. http://blogs.msdn.com/etayrien/archive/2006/12/19/alpha-blending-part-3.aspx
- AlphaBlend Enable alpha blending. http://blogs.msdn.com/etayrien/archive/2006/12/19/alpha-blending-part-2.aspx
- None No blending specified.
Draw me a picture using an XNA project. The picture should use at least 3 Texture2D objects. The full project and executable are due next week
Please post a web documented screen shot of your executable on you website. The screen shot should have a thumbnail 175 px wide, have you name, the course name, and the name of the picture. The thumbnail will like to a fullsize screen shot.