Game Programming Class11
Ship to XBox
In class demo
Deploy to XBox360 with visual studio Package for deployment
Intro To 3D
Vectors : Vector3 x , y , z
Right handed vs Left Handed Coordinate Systems RHCS and LHSC
Matrices: A matrix is a class that is used to transform vectors. High Level Shader Language
HLSL pathway to Hardware.
- Matrix that holds all Vertices send to video card
- frustum of the camera view; near and far clipping plane
- Flat 2D plane that is interpolated from the 3D View
The video card is handed a list of vertices the vetices are then places in the world. The View is used to see the world and the projection is the actual view surface.
- Vertex Buffer
- Vertex buffer is a list of vertices that are used to make one of the XNA privative shapes.
Matrix Translations Simple Translation How To: Draw Points, Lines, and Other 3D Primitives Modified How To: Draw Points, Lines, and Other 3D Primitives - source Matrices can be multiplied together to combine the effects to their translation. The order in which you combine the does matter.
* I Identity * S Scale * R Rotate * O Orbit * T Translate
Intro3DVert1.zip - source
Create a simple 3D Vertex buffer that draws some kind of simple object. You can use points, Triangles, or lines, but no meshes.