Create Web Page
All IAM students have an account with our department that provides them space on our server (referred to in the department as their "Z" drive, about 2GB of storage). Inside this directory, you have a folder called "pub". Anything you place inside the pub folder is online, and accessible by any internet user.
Creating A Class Web Page
In your pub directory create a new folder with the name of your course. If your course's name includes multiple words, title the folder without spaces. Example: for a course called Public Art, you would name your folder PublicArt.
Copying A Sample Page
- Navigate to the sample student web page.
- In the browser, go to View>Source
- Copy the text, and paste it into an editor (such as BBedit on the Mac or Scite on the PC).
- Change the content to suit your needs (e.g., substitute your name - Hieronymous Bosch - in place of Student Name).
- Save the file as index.html inside your pub > course folder (such as pub/PublicArt)