Into and Data Design
Important c# concepts
- OOP Class2 C# fundamentals
- OOP Class3 Control Structures
- OOP Class4 Classes and Objects
- OOP Class7 Polymorphism fancy arrays
If you feel you need help with c# I strongly suggest getting and reading
Learning C# ,Jesse Liberty O'Reilly & Associates;
(September 2002), ISBN: 0596003765
History of Databases
Web Application Structure Application Layers
- XHTML(1.1)(2) *HTML(4.01)(5)
- WebForms .NET MVC Razor
- AJAX (ajax.net)
- Flash/Flex Air
- Google API
- Mobile Platforms
- Win Mo7
What about MVC, Scafolding and ORM?
- Data access in c++. More abstract. Fast
- Data access in c. Mature open protocol
- Built on top of OLEDB to allow access from other Languages
- .NET Data api. Based on XML
- Part of ASP.NET 2
- 70% reduction in code
- language-integrated query. Native data access library extend c# and vb.net to provide naticve access to sql. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa904594.aspx
- The ADO.NET Entity Framework enables developers to create data access applications by programming against a conceptual application model instead of programming directly against a relational storage schema. The goal is to decrease the amount of code and maintenance required for data-oriented applications.
- Microsoft Enterprise Library is a collection of application blocks designed to assist developers with common enterprise development challenges. Application blocks are a type of guidance, provided as source code that can be used "as is," extended, or modified by developers for use in enterprise development projects.
- Older model with dedicated clients
- OnLine Transaction Processing
ADO.NET used the Data Provider and Data Consumer model.
ASP.NET and ADO.NET Examples
XML File full of cheese
The New way. This example uses a flat file as a Data Source. If also has ZERO code.
The Old way.
The old model usually involved
- DataAdapter or DataReader
- Bindable Controls
Make HelloData.aspx and HelloDataOld.aspx
- Read Intro and Chapter 1 'Data Modeling Past and Present' in Beginning Database Design (BDD)
- Install Visual Studio Pro 2010
Connect to your dd folder and post a hello aspx page.
z:\pub\dd or pub\dd via ftp