OverviewAlphaLab is a club devoted to the furthering of the Columbia College Chicago game-making community.
We cover everything for creating a game from concept to in-depth design and art decision used in the development process. The club also features talks/presentations on several topics and software used in game development and even puts on Game Jams for all IAM students to participate in! We host workshops, events, and discussions every Friday from 5-6pm in room 142 of the 916 S. Wabash building (1st floor).
- Enlarging our working portfolios
- Teaching students something new every week, preferably something outside their concentration
- Practicing working together in a friendly environment
- Giving newer students a chance to do/learn more about game creation without feeling intimidated or overwhelmed
- Providing a social atmosphere for all Columbia students interested in the game-making process.
- SAIC x Columbia x DePaul Game Jam
- GDC roundtable
- GDC Career & Networking Workshop
- Jeff Spoonhower talk
Alpha Jams (Game Jams)
We host game jams twice a semester. People from all backgrounds form teams and collaborate together to make a game within 24 hours.
Here are a few games our members have made during their game jam sessions.
- Syrup Sumo Showdown
- Paper Jam
- Pancake Prince
- Gravity Lord
- Elemental Showdown
- Blazing Star Cute-O
- Wizard Checkers
- Taste ma magic boi
- Sell Your Sole!
- A Test
- Legend of Mushroom
- Iron Henry v1.0
- Dry Country
President: Dan Steinmetz
Vice President: Ishan Dutta
Secretary: Valerie Valhalla Villarreal
Consultant: Scott Little
Faculty Advisor: Janell Baxter
Contact us at email@example.com and don't forget to join our Facebook group.