MTD2 class 4
- Quiz1 - Properties of sound
- Review Sound Sculpture
- Critique guidelines Critique Guidelines
- Look at multi track editors - levels and panning
- In Class Video
- Discuss Animation Process
- Discuss types of Sound Effects
- Discuss Storyboarding
Acid and multi track mixing
- Acid channel modes demo
- Working with more than one track
- Panning and Levels
- Music Looping in sound forge
Short demo of Sound Sculpture in Audacity
Layers of Sound
There are usually three layers of sound for video/animation/interaction.
- Dialog: ADR and Sound from shoot
- Sound Effects
Types of sound effects
All sound that are acknowledged on screen. This includes speaking parts and all on screen noise sources.
Passive off screen sounds the create environment and space. Background city sounds, Active Off-screen diegetic sounds cause curiosity and reaction ie. characters may react to a doorbell or alarm.
All sound not heard by character. Music and voice over.
Write some stuff about storyboarding here!!!
Storyboarding was started by Walt Disney and other animators in the 1930's as a way of conceptualizing the flow of a story.
The story board serves three purposes
- capture decisions about the flow of a movie
- servers as a means to communicate these decisions to various parties involved in pre-production
- a set of instructions to production crew such a director, camera men, animators
- Conceptualize story
- Plan your scenes
- Quickly sketch out your shots
- Analyze you shots
some shot lingo Mise - en - scene Rule of Thirds [Positive and Negative Space] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_space
Remember to to think about the background of your shots. A string separation of foreground and background will make the animation process muck easier.
Sometimes film directors will actually animate the story board to make steps two and three even more concrete
- Show Short Indiana Jones Video
In our storyboards we will focus on audio. Since we will be creating the audio for our animations first
- Show Tim Burton Corpse Bride Video
- Make draft story boards. MTD2 Story Boards 1
- Read Chapter 6 in Sound Design for Interactive Media