Help out a not-for-profit that helps provide services to the community.
ASSOCIATION HOUSE OF CHICAGO
Since 1899, the Association House of Chicago has played a significant and historic role as a community resource serving key areas in Chicago, including Avondale, Hermosa, Humboldt Park, Logan Square and West Town. Association House is one of the oldest and largest of the original settlement houses in the city. For over 115 years, Association House has adapted to the changing face of the community to provide relevant, respectful services. Now serving a primarily Latino and African American constituency, our comprehensive services are offered in English and Spanish in five areas: Behavioral Health, Child Welfare, Community Services, Prevention & Educational Development Programming, and El Cuarto Año Alternative High School.
INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION
DIVISION: Administration – Development and Marketing Department
POSITION: Drupal Developer (Unpaid)
REPORTS TO: Development Director, Marketing & Special Events Manager
SUPPORT TEAM: Development Associate
BASIC FUNCTION: The Drupal Developer intern is responsible for taking our website to the next level by helping to implement new modules, complete updates and website backups and other maintenance tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in web development and will allow you to implement your own creative solutions for an established nonprofit website that can be used as a portfolio piece, or reference for a job.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
1. Work with Development and Information Systems department to update and backup associationhouse.org.
2. Implement new Drupal modules and themes as needed.
3. Provide feedback related to best user experience practices.
4. Test the website on multiple devices and web browsers to fix common errors.
1. Basic experience with Web programming and Web site development, including 1 year experience working with Drupal.
2. Broad understanding of common Internet technologies, formats, and protocols
3. Ability to convert ideas into a functioning website.
4. Ability to write clearly, accurately, and professionally in all written communication.
5. Ability to develop, manage and prioritize goals and objectives.
6. Ability to work independently and make decisions taking into account the needs of the situation.
-Current college senior or graduate student
- 2-3 days a week; 10-20 hours
- Scheduling can be flexible
- Can work out of office
To apply for this internship, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Association House, please visit www.associationhouse.org.