DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 1, 2013
Are you an Interactive Arts and Media or Mobile Media Programming Major? Do you want to go to the 2013 South by Southwest Interactive Conference in Austin, TX? We’re sending two lucky students to experience the festival!
How to Apply
- Send a 300-500 word essay or 2-3 minute video answering these questions:
- Why do you deserve to go? Brag about yourself!
- How will SXSW benefit your education/career?
- How will you share what you learn—tapping into the power of social media and interactive technologies to bring your experience home to the IAM community?
Name, Loop email, phone number, resume, and portfolio link.
Email all materials to Philip Nadasdy, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, February 1. Winning students will be notified by Monday, February 4.
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Students must be enrolled in the either the Interactive Arts and Media or Mobile Media Programming majors.
- Winning students will not receive reimbursement for prior travel or registration purchases. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ALREADY PURCHASED TICKETS, DO NOT APPLY.
- Selection will be based on:
- Academic record and portfolio of accomplishments
- How the experience will advance career objectives
- Innovative strategy for reporting & sharing knowledge
- Winning students will receive lodging, flight and an Interactive Badge to the festival from March 7-13, 2013. Travel must occur on these days.
- Winning students must agree to report from conference utilizing social media or new technologies and share knowledge in presentation upon return with IAM community.
About SXSW Interactive:
An incubator of cutting-edge technologies and digital creativity, the event features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders and an unbeatable line-up of special programs showcasing the best new websites, video games and startup ideas the community has to offer. From hands-on training to big-picture analysis of the future, SXSW Interactive has become the place to experience a preview of what is unfolding in the world of technology. Join us March 2013 for the sessions, the networking, the parties, the 16th Annual SXSW Interactive Awards, SXSW Startup Village, the SXSW Gaming Expo, the SXSW Trade Show and, of course, the inspirational experience that only SXSW can deliver.
The South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conferences & Festivals offer the unique convergence of original music, independent films, and emerging technologies. Fostering creative and professional growth alike, SXSW is the premier destination for discovery.
Need some ideas? Check out alumnus’ Patrick Brown website from last year’s trip to SXSW: http://patrickatsxsw.com/
Questions: Contact Philip Nadasdy, email@example.com