GDC 2013 Grand Prize Award and Expo Passes
Conference: March 25-29, 2013
Expo: March 27-29
San Francisco, CA
Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
The Interactive Arts and Media department will have a booth at the Game Developers Conference again this year! We’re giving away one Grand Prize for a flight, hotel, and All Access Pass to GDC 2013 to a current Junior or Senior student in the Game Design or Game Programming major. There are also a limited number of Expo Passes available for students (Expo Pass recipients are responsible for their own travel arrangements). This is a fantastic opportunity to show your portfolio, network with industry professionals, and research emerging trends in the field.
Students will be selected based on:
- Max 250-word essay that answers the question: How will a GDC Grand Prize advance your career after graduating from Columbia College Chicago?
- Grade point average
- Strength of portfolio
Please send your essay and portfolio link, including your Loop email address and phone number, to Philip Nadasdy, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, February 1. Winners will be notified by Monday, February 4.
- Student must be in good academic standing.
- Student must be at Junior or Senior level and enrolled in the Game Design or Game Programming majors.
- Student WILL NOT be reimbursed for any prior travel or registration costs.
- PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ALREADY PURCHASED A GDC PASS AND/OR TRAVEL, DO NOT APPLY.
- Expo Pass recipients are responsible for making their own flight and hotel arrangements. PACK HOTEL ROOMS! BOOK EARLY!
- Students are expected to help with IAM booth facilitation and act as representatives of the department and college. Don’t worry; ample time will be given for networking and experiencing the conference. Consider our booth your home base.
Expo passes allow access to GDC Expo Floor and Career Pavilion (3/27-3/29), GDC Play and IGF Pavilion(Wed – Fri), Independent Games Festival and Game Developers Choice Awards ceremony (Wed), Game Career Seminar (Fri), GDC Mobile App, and the GDC Expo Floor Happy Hour. Expo passes DO NOT allow access to lectures, summits, panels, tutorials, training sessions, poster sessions & roundtables.
All Access Pass allows access to…well…all the conference has to offer from 3/25-3/29.
More pass information here.
About the Game Developers Conference
The GDC Expo showcases all of the most relevant game development tools, platforms and services helping to drive the industry forward. The conference also features the fifteenth annual Independent Games Festival, where new, unpublished games compete for the attention of the publishing community, and the twelfth annual Game Developers Choice Awards, the premier accolades for peer-recognition in the digital games industry. Email Philip Nadasdy, email@example.com, with any questions.
Email Philip Nadasdy, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.